Stand-up comedians are a unique breed of performer, always looking for the next laugh and perfecting their craft on and off stage. If you’re looking for a gift that will bring a smile to your face, we’ve got you covered. Check out our list of 17 unique gift ideas for stand-up comedians that are sure to make them laugh.
Handpicked Gifts For Stand Up Comedians
- Mastering Stand-Up BookThis guide is written for both beginners and professional comedians who are willing to improve themselves. One learns until the very day one dies, so it’s never too late to improve and learn something new. The book includes a 12-item 'Successful Comedian’s To-Do List', which is guaranteed to teach you everything you need to know about stand-up comedy. A great gift for stand up comedians for your friend who is seeking some knowledge to start.
- Digital Voice RecorderThe voice recorder can be considered as a stand-up comedian’s friend who needs to be always by their side. In this line of work, you can’t risk forgetting a killer joke you came up with while you were on a plane or bus, in the bathroom, or simply anywhere. The mind works strangely, and you can come up with jokes by accident, which happen more frequently than you might think. Please make sure you never forget anything by recording it on the spot with these gifts for stand up comedians.
- GoPro Hero CameraYou might wonder why a stand-up comedian would need a camera. Well, lots of reasons. This specific camera is more than capable of capturing HD videos and is very easy to carry around. So maybe just recording their sets, making a demo tape to send for gigs, or simply filming yourself to watch later as they were part of the audience to see what needs improving. Its size is a big factor to consider because it’s way better than carrying a film crew with you and big equipment. So there are so many reasons to give a GoPro camera as the perfect gift for stand up comedians to a stand-up comedian on your list.
- George Carlin Commemorative CollectionOne of the stand-up comedian George Carlin is certainly a great inspiration for your gift recipient so that you might consider this unique collection as an ideal gift. This DVD, one of the gifts for stand up comedians, contains all of the legendary comedian’s HBO specials plus hours of bonus material, including Carlin’s posthumous audio release, “I Kinda Like It When a Lotta People Die.” It’s packed with everything he might need to get the feel of being a stand-up comedian, and when he is not in the mood for learning, he can play the video and have some fun.
- How to Write Funny: Step-By-Step BlueprintAfter they have perfected the skill of presenting the material and conquering stage fright, it’s time to learn how to write their content and blow the audience’s minds with never heard before comedy gold. If you are looking for a perfect gift for stand up comedians to help them with their career in stand-up comedy, this book is a great idea. The reality is that every skill needs to be learned and practiced. No matter what it is, learning is always the option instead of looking for shortcuts that never get you very far. Knowledge is never lost, so get to it.
- Stand-Up Comedy T-ShirtThis gift for stand-up comedians could serve you well as a way to show a friend or colleague, who is in the stand-up comedy business, how much you appreciate their passion for comedy. People like to get noticed and appreciated for their passions and gifts that show them that will save you a place in their hearts. So, show your friends that you support their gift of making you laugh by giving back these gifts to stand up comedians.
- Custom Engraved Thoughts JournalMaybe you’re a bit old-school and are afraid that they could lose their recordings. You can always go back to the most reliable form of taking notes which is, well, taking notes. What makes this gift for stand-up comedians special is that you can have anything engraved on the journal's cover. Maybe the recipient’s name, a funny joke, or simply anything that would mean the person receiving the gifts for stand up comedians. Get creative with it, and you can’t miss it.
- Aqua Notes Waterproof NotepadWe mentioned before that the craziest ideas often come when you’re not expecting them, which means that you must be prepared and expect the same with jokes and stand-up comedy material. If they love taking long showers, which most people do, why not slap one of these waterproof notes on the wall and don’t risk waiting to get out of the shower to write the joke down? After receiving these gifts for stand up comedians from you, they can work on their jokes even when taking showers. How crazy is that? Oh, and don’t worry, a water-resistant pencil is included, no excuses.
- Scrivener London Luxury PenIf you know a stand-up comedian who works too hard to perfect their content, why not show them that you are thinking about them and wish to help by giving them this super luxurious pen. It’s the thought that counts in this situation, but the pen is no joke. Its super slick design is a great way to show off your success, and the feel is even more satisfying. These gifts for stand up comedians are a perfect way to show class and help them write killer content.
- A Motivating Swear Word Coloring BookWhenever anyone finds themselves lacking creativity or motivation they feel down, and it’s a feeling no one wants. A cool way to relieve that feeling and prevent stress is this adult coloring book. It’s filled with motivating quotes that you can read while coloring at the same time. It’s a great way to boost your confidence and get you motivated to keep going. If you know the perfect person for these gifts for stand up comedians, don’t hesitate. Help stand-up comedians in a cool way by giving them a wonderful and thoughtful gift such as this.
- Umbrella FlaskIf someone you know finds yourselves having a hard time beating that last-minute stage fright, this could be a genius way to help with that issue. Not to be misunderstood, this is not intended for illegal use, but as a stand-up comedian, you might sometimes need a little boost. Sneaking these gifts for stand up comedians into any event is a piece of cake, and anyone who gets this as a gift will surely appreciate it and have a great laugh at the same time. Be sure to surprise your stand-up comedian friend with this helpful little gadget.
- The Big Lebowski: The Dude AbidesThis bundle gift includes some cool things from the classic comedy movie released in 1998, The Big Lebowski. It’s a hilariously quirky comedy-thriller about bowling, avant-garde art, nihilistic Austrians, and a guy named the Dude. Suppose you have a friend who has seen it and loves it, then there is no reason not to get this for them. These gifts for stand up comedians include an oriental-rug mousepad that “really ties your desk together,” severed big toe—with a polish! (rubber), Little Lebowski Urban Achievers Certificate and a 32-page book with trivia and images from the film. The perfect gift for the comedian fan of this movie.
- The Cosmic Toolbox: How to Be Funny Even If You’re NotAnother great guide about self-improvement is this knowledge-filled book. If you want a comedian to be at his job, he has to look at how others become successful, and that means learning from different people to understand different perspectives of the standup business. These gifts for stand-up comedians show ways to be funny that are proven and a waste of their time. Comedians need to test them out and see which suits them. They can learn everything, so they know the drill.
- Vintage Microphone, Stand-Up T-ShirtShow him that he is the main man tonight on stage with this great T-Shirt made for being on the stage. The shirt is the perfect gift for stand up comedians who will show the people that he was made for that mic to deliver the funniest content possible and make everyone laugh.
- The Comedy BiblePresented as the “Ultimate How-To Guide” for up and rising stand-up comedians this little work of wonder is said to help them turn their sense of humor into a career, a great one for that matter. Contents such as finding your authentic voice for comedy, how to pitch to buyers and negotiate a contract, and more are what make this book a superstar. These gifts for stand up comedians are guaranteed to teach them all sorts of things about the stand-up comedy business and to help them in their pursuit of something more.
- Ring Light With Tripod StandPerfect use for this gift would be if your stand-up comedian has an online video series featuring them or anyone who can crack up people with hilarious jokes. Improve the quality of the videos with great lighting. These gifts for stand up comedians can help comedians show that they mean business and help them expand their following. People are there for the quality jokes, but they prefer quality videos too. So make sure a friend has this necessary attribute working for them.
- Born Standing Up A Comic’s Life by Steve MartinLast but not least of the gifts for stand up comedians, is this work of art about the life of Steve Martin. Steve Martin is an inspiration for everyone who has expressed interest in comedy. He is a successful stand-up comedian and actor who has made sure everyone who sees him has a great time with lots of laughter.
Concluding Gifts for Stand Up Comedians
Whether it’s for a special occasion or just to show your support, these gift ideas for stand-up comedians are sure to be a hit. From practical items for on-stage to personalized merchandise for off stage, there’s something for every comedian on your list.
Our Curated Checklists on Amazon: