If you’re new to sewing, or you’re just looking for a more affordable option for your sewing machine, a machine under $200 is a great place to start. Sewing machines in this price range offer a variety of features and functions that can be used for a variety of projects. Not only are they accessible for beginners, but they’re also perfect for the experienced sewist looking for a backup or travel machine.
Sewing machines are a versatile and essential tool for anyone interested in sewing, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced seamstress. There are a variety of sewing machines on the market, from basic models to high-end machines with advanced features. Whether you’re looking for a gift for a crafty friend or just want to get started on your sewing projects, here are some of the sewing machines to consider.
Our Curated List Of Sewing Machines Under $200
- Brother Sewing Machine, WhiteThe SM1400 offers the perfect set of features for sewing. Lightweight yet full-sized.Included are 14 stitches for blind hems, stretch stitches, buttonholes, and zipper insertion. Drop in a bobbin.
- Brother Sewing Machine, GX3737 unique built-in stitches: The GX37 features 37 unique, built-in stitches and an auto-size buttonhole. Automatic needle threader and drop-in bobbin, which is jam resistant.
- Brother Computerised Sewing Machine60 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Brother CS5055 sewing machine includes 60 built-in stitches including utility, decorative and heirloom stitch functions, and 7 1-step auto-size buttonholes.
- SINGER M3330 Sewing Machine97 Stitch Applications for Essential & Decorative Sewing Needs.Needle Threader to Save Time.Front Loading Bobbin - easy to wind & insert. Adjustable Stitch Length & Width for customized stitches Full Metal Frame for Durability.
- SINGER 4423 Sewing MachineThe Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute. The 23 built-in stitches include basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches. Auto Threader facility.
- Brother CP60X Sewing MachineThe Brother CP60X sewing machine includes 60 built-in stitches including utility, decorative, heirloom stitch functions, and 7 auto-size buttonholes. IMPROVED NEEDLE THREADER: Has a 2-step automatic needle threader.
- Portable Sewing MachineThe Sewing Machine with LCD Display allows you to easily perform and view stitch selection. A thread tension regulator to control stitches' tightness. A flexible handwheel for precise stitch control.
- Janome 2212 Sewing MachineBed type: free arm / flat bed convertible. Screen: Pre-printed on the front panel. Several built-in stitches: 6 stitches plus a buttonhole.Speed: 860 spm | Type of buttonhole: 4-step.
- Brother XR9550 Sewing MachineThe Brother XR9550 computerized machine includes 110 built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches. Features an LCD.
- Heureux Sewing Machine Computerized200 Unique Built-In Stitches with Reverse Sewing: The Heureux Z6 includes 200 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 100 alphanumeric/letter sewing stitches.Auto Threader.
- SINGER 4452 Sewing MachineThe Sewing machine with 32 built-in stitches includes 6 Basic, 7 Stretch, 18 Decorative Stitches and 1 Fully Automatic 1-step Buttonholes. The maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches-per-minute.
The Beginner’s Guide to Sewing Machines
If you’re new to sewing, it can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to choosing the right machine. When shopping for a sewing machine under $200, there are a few key features to look for. Some include built-in stitches, adjustable stitch length and width, and automatic threading. Some models also come with free arm capability, which is ideal for sewing sleeves and other small, cylindrical items.
- Sew Cool Features: Just because you’re shopping for a budget-friendly sewing machine doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice functionality. Many machines under $200 offer a variety of features, such as multiple stitch options, automatic threading, and adjustable speed control. Some machines even come with a built-in thread cutter or LED lighting to make your sewing experience more efficient and enjoyable.
- Thread Carefully: To ensure your sewing machine lasts for years to come, it’s important to take proper care of it. This includes regular cleaning, oiling, and proper storage. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance to prevent costly repairs down the road. Additionally, be sure to keep your machine covered when not in use to prevent dust and debris from accumulating on the machine.
- Sew Ready for Anything: A budget-friendly sewing machine can be used for a variety of projects, from simple alterations to complex quilting and embroidery. With a range of stitch options and other features, sewing machines can handle everything from lightweight fabrics to heavy denim. Whether you’re creating clothing, home decor, or other crafts, a sewing machine under $200 is a versatile tool that can help bring your ideas to life.
Don’t Forget the Sewing Machine Fun
Sewing is not only practical, but it can also be a fun and creative hobby. To add some excitement to your sewing time, consider these fun gift ideas:
- Sew Much Fabric, Sew Little Time: A humorous t-shirt or mug is the perfect way to show off your love of sewing while also acknowledging the never-ending to-do list of sewing projects.
- Sew On and Sew Forth: Add some humor to your projects with a punny cross-stitch or embroidery pattern. Make fun designs that will keep you motivated and smiling as you stitch.
- Sew-elastic Scissors: Upgrade your cutting game with a set of colorful and fun-shaped scissors. Not only will they make cutting fabric more enjoyable, but they’ll also be a cute addition to your sewing kit.
A Final Word on Sewing machines under $200
A good sewing machine is an essential tool for anyone interested in sewing, and with so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced seamstress, the right sewing machine can help you achieve your sewing goals and create beautiful projects. These gift ideas are a great place to start when looking for a sewing machine that fits your needs and budget. Remember to consider features, performance, and durability when making your choice. So, go ahead and surprise your loved one (or yourself) with a sewing machine that will help you create beautiful and functional projects for years to come.
Sewing machines under $200 are a great option for beginners and experienced sewists alike. With their range of features and functions, they’re perfect for a variety of projects, from simple alterations to complex quilting and embroidery. By taking proper care of your machine and using it regularly, you can enjoy the many benefits of sewing without breaking the bank.
And don’t forget to add some fun and humor to your sewing time.