Eyes are super important because they help us see and understand the world. Optometrists are special doctors who take care of our eyes. They work hard to make sure our eyes stay healthy and fix any problems we might have with them. Studying to be an optometrist is not easy. It takes a lot of reading, learning, and tough exams.
If you know someone who is studying to be an optometrist and you want to give them a gift to cheer them on, you’re in the right place. We have a list of awesome gift ideas for optometry students. These gifts are perfect to show them you’re proud of their hard work. And who knows, they might be the ones taking care of your eyes one day!
30 Amazing Gifts for Optometry Students
- Eye Model 7 PartsThe human eye is the main focus of all optometrists and understanding it fully is a crucial requirement for becoming a professional in this medical field. Anatomically accurate models that portray different body parts are a great tool for studying and seeing all the details in reality. This accurate eye model made of 7 parts is going to be an amazing addition to optometry student’s studying space and help them understand the anatomy of the human eye better while they are preparing for exams at home. It will also be a nice décor piece for their desk.
- Multifunctional Digital Eye ChartWhile traditional wall eye charts are familiar to many, the digital era has revolutionized optometry tools, including the emergence of multifunctional digital eye charts. Gifting optometry students with such advanced equipment, even before they have their own offices, is a forward-thinking investment in their future, aligning with the ongoing digital advancements in medical technology.
- Wall Eye ChartYoung people prefer digital versions of everything, but no doctor’s office is fully equipped without the good old regular wall eye chart as they are still a necessity in every optometry clinic. Even though the optometry student you are trying to surprise with a useful gift already has plenty of those in their school, getting their very own eye chart is going to be motivating for them to study even harder and it can also work as a nice wall decor piece for their room. This one is designed with a hole at the top so it will be easy to hang.
- Optometry: Science, Techniques and Clinical ManagementGifting a book is always a wise choice for students, particularly those studying a specialized field like optometry. While they may already have access to various books, adding a professional book to their personal collection is invaluable for their growth and future practice. Offering additional knowledge and insights, especially in a field as critical as optometry, is essential. This specific book offers a thorough overview of optometry, making it a perfect resource for aspiring eye doctors.
- Ishihara Color Vision Test BookYou’ve probably heard about those color vision tests where you have to read the correct number or symbol on each page. They are meant for checking color blindness and are often an integral part of any optometry check-up. People who can’t see the numbers or see the wrong ones are thought to have problems with color blindness as it’s hard for them to tell the difference between certain colors. Getting this as a gift for an optometry student is a great idea as they will probably use it in their future work, but might also have fun with it now and practice with their friends.
- Eyeglass Lens WipesGlasses wearers, including optometry students who are acutely aware of their vision, know how quickly lenses can become dirty. Regular cleaning often isn't enough, as lenses seem to attract dirt and smudges almost instantly. To help alleviate this frustration, especially during work or study, gifting gentle lens wipes is a practical and thoughtful choice. These wipes are perfect for keeping their glasses clear and their focus sharp.
- Ruler Pupil Distance MeterEven though students still don’t need professional equipment as they can’t officially work or have their own doctor’s office yet, surprising them with a professional tool as a gift is actually a great idea. Not only will they be able to practice at home on their family and friends, but they will also be able to equip everything for their future office in advance, so they don’t have to spend a lot of money on it later if they want to open their own private business as freshly graduated young people usually don’t have a lot of financial resources yet.
- Eye Model for Retinoscopy PracticeMedical school, including optometry, heavily emphasizes theoretical learning, but practical experience is equally vital. An eye model for retinoscopy practice makes an excellent gift for optometry students. It offers hands-on experience, enhances understanding of complex concepts, and prepares them for future exams. User-friendly and practical, this tool bridges the gap between theory and real-world application, making it an invaluable asset for aspiring optometrists.
- Funny Planter and Glasses HolderIf you don’t want your gift to be too serious and want to surprise the student with an interesting gift that has a funny side to it, you might want to consider buying this funny planter in the shape of a face that doesn’t only hold the cute plant but also works as a glasses holder. The optometry student will be able to place their eyeglasses on the nose part of this planter, have fun drawing a cute face on it and enjoy a nice and humorous decor piece on their desk while studying. It’s going to be such a cool little gift for them.
- Face Mask With Optometry DesignIn an era where face masks are essential, especially for medical workers, gifting an optometry student a stylish mask with an eye chart print is both thoughtful and practical. Not only will it keep them safe and protected from potential viruses and bacteria, but it also adds a touch of coolness to their attire. Useful even during their university years, this mask is a fashionable way to prioritize safety in the medical field.
- The Eye Book: A Complete Guide to Eye Disorders and HealthIf you’ve ever been to an optometry check-up, you’ve probably heard the optometrist saying how you can do certain eye exercises at home to strengthen your eye muscles and improve your vision. It is a very natural and easy approach to keeping your eye health on an optimal level, even when your lifestyle is not the healthiest for eye health and you spend a lot of time looking at the screens every day. Every optometrist should have a broad knowledge about this topic, so this professional book is going to be a great gift choice for all optometry students.
- Blue Light Blocking GlassesOptometry students are going to spend their whole lives taking care of other people’s eye health but they shouldn’t neglect their own vision. Because of their specialty and wide knowledge about this field of medicine, they should be the ones with the best vision out there. A good way to protect your eyes on a daily basis is by having those blue light blocking glasses whenever you’re looking at a digital screen, but the optometry student you want to get a gift for already knows that. That’s why you’ll pleasantly surprise them with this pack of 3 pairs of blue light glasses that will help keep their eyes healthy.
- Retinal Mouse PadAn eye-catching mouse pad with an eyeball design is a humorous yet practical gift for optometry students. Given their extensive computer use for studying, this mouse pad enhances productivity with its smooth microfiber fabric and non-slip rubber base. Ideal for both studying and gaming, it's a unique and functional addition to any optometry student's workspace.
- Eyeball Wall ClockEvery student’s focus in life is their field of study, especially if they are studying to become a doctor. That’s why surprising them with a decor piece that’s designed in such a way that shows off their field of study is always a good idea. They will proudly display it because it will show their future specialty while also being a cool addition to their room decor. This wall clock designed as an eyeball is going to be a funny yet useful gift that any optometry student will gladly hang in their room, to help them keep track of time while they are studying for exams.
- Optometry Themed Throw BlanketEvery student experiences days of procrastination, leading to late-night study sessions before exams. While this isn't the healthiest habit, creating a comfortable environment can make it more bearable. A cozy optometry-themed throw blanket is a great gift to enhance the atmosphere, offering comfort and warmth during those long nights of studying, reducing stress, and promoting a more focused and pleasant study experience.
- Loading Optometry Degree NotebookNotebooks are essential for students, especially in medical fields like optometry, where there's a vast amount of information to jot down during lectures. While digital note-taking is popular, traditional notebooks remain crucial. A notebook with a playful 'Loading Optometry Degree' print on the cover is a perfect and relevant gift for an optometry student, combining practicality with a bit of humor, making it ideal for their academic journey.
- Optometry Themed Cosmetic BagAnother cute little optometry-themed gift that everybody needs in their everyday life. Students tend to easily lose their bits and pieces especially when they are carrying them to their lectures. Their busy schedules can become pretty hectic so they need to make sure they are staying organized and keeping their stuff in order. This cosmetic bag has a fun print on it that goes: ‘’Eat, Sleep, Fix Eyes, Repeat’’ which perfectly describes what optometry students do if you replace ‘’Fix eyes’’ with ‘’Study to fix eyes’’, but they will also be able to use it after they graduate and become a specialist. It will keep their stuff tidy.
- Doctor’s Coat Wine Bottle CoverOptometry students, like most young individuals, often celebrate academic achievements with drinks among friends. This pack of three wine bottle covers, designed like white doctor's coats, is a fun and suitable gift for any occasion, be it graduation or passing tough exams. These unique covers add a playful touch to their favorite beverage, making them a great surprise for any optometry student looking to toast to their successes.
- Optometry Themed KeychainOne of those little things that don’t cost much but make the day of anyone who receives them as a gift. If you are on a budget or just want to randomly surprise an optometry student without a special occasion for it, then this optometry-themed keychain is going to be a great choice. It is indeed a small gift but the one they will definitely use in their everyday life. This one is specifically designed for optometry professionals, with a cute eye chart, medical symbol, and eyeglasses pendants as well as a ‘’Better Vision Better Life’’ message engraved on one of them.
- Optometry Themed SocksSocks are a universally appreciated gift, especially for busy students like those in optometry, who often find themselves short on clean pairs. Gifting an extra pair of socks, especially ones with a cool design, is both practical and thoughtful. These fun socks are perfect for future eye doctors and are sure to be a hit, particularly on important exam days, making them a simple yet highly appreciated gift.
- Multicolor Ballpoint PenMedical students go through a lot of pens every week. Due to the number of notes they need to write down during lectures, the pens can quickly stop working properly and they have to replace them with new ones. Another reason they go through a large number of pens is that they tend to easily lose them. That’s why getting new ones for them is going to be a great and useful gift. This set of multicolor ballpoint pens will be amazing for taking notes in different colors during lectures, which helps keep the notes organized and clear.
- Word Search Book For Eye Care ProfessionalsOptometry students have to memorize professional nomenclature which consists of many important terms they need for their exams and future work. The process of memorizing them all can be difficult due to the large number of them and medical students are very familiar with that. That’s why this little word search book is going to be a wonderful and extremely useful gift for every optometry student as it is filled with all the important optometry terms they will encounter at some point, such as anatomy, physiology, ocular disease, systemic disease and the eye, public health, pharmacology, and more.
- Eyeglass Frame Lapel PinOptometry students and future eye doctors can add a touch of fun to their professional attire with this lapel pin. Ideal for making patients feel at ease during check-ups, this subtle yet stylish accessory is appropriate for a professional setting. It's not just for working optometrists; students can also wear it during lectures, adding a cool and unique element to their uniform. This lapel pin is a perfect blend of professionalism and personality, making it a great gift for those in the optometry field.
- Human Eye Coloring BookOptometry students often face significant stress due to their demanding academic schedules. Engaging in relaxing activities is crucial for their well-being and productivity. Coloring is known to be a highly effective stress-reliever and a creative outlet. A human eye coloring book makes an excellent gift for these students, offering a unique way to unwind while also reinforcing their knowledge of eye anatomy. This coloring book is both a therapeutic and educational tool, perfect for busy optometry students needing a peaceful break from their studies.
- Eye doctor office decorMaybe it isn’t easy for a student to imagine such a scenario yet but they’re going to become real specialists with their own offices or clinics soon. That’s why it is a good idea to surprise them with a gift they will be able to use for many more years to come and remember you whenever they pass by it. A piece of office decor is going to be the best choice for such a purpose as they will be able to display it in their own workplace after graduation. This lovely figure of an eye doctor examining the patient is going to be their favorite decor piece for years to come.
- Warm Compress Eye MaskBecause they have to study so much, optometry student’s eyes can also suffer from eye strain. While learning how to take care of everyone else’s eye health, they should also take measures to protect their own eyesight and keep their eyes fresh and healthy. This reusable warm compress eye mask is going to be very useful for relaxing after a long sleepless night spent studying for exams, reading notes and looking at digital screens. This mask also provides natural hydration and moisture for the most sensitive area of the face and relieves puffy eyes which students can often get.
- Digital Pupil Distance MeterAnother great addition to the professional equipment every optometry student will need in their future work. Just like many other medical tools, even a pupil distance meter has its digital version now which is obviously much easier and faster to use compared to the old-school one. This digital pupil distance meter will be a great and useful gift for every optometry student to practice on themselves or others at home. It is also more precise for measuring than the regular ruler and has a memory function as well as an auto-shutdown function when placed on a flat surface.
- Optometry Themed Coffee MugWe all need coffee mugs, especially students who usually consume large amounts of coffee on a daily basis to keep themselves awake and focused on their studies. Every optometry student will be pleasantly surprised if you get them this coffee mug as a gift because it has an optometry-themed design with glasses and a funny message printed on it that reads: ‘Eye Am an Optometrist, My Jokes Keep Getting Cornea and Cornea’. They will love how cool this mug is and they will most likely use it on a daily basis, especially while studying for exams.
- Gold Evil Eye BraceletA nice piece of good quality jewelry is always a great gift that everyone cherishes and keeps for many years to come, even saving it for their children or grandchildren. This gold bracelet will be a lovely gift choice for an optometry student as it has an evil eye symbol that will symbolically show the student’s passion for their future job. It’s made of 14K real gold plated in brass material and will never rust or change color, so they will be able to wear it for many years. It might even become their new lucky charm, not only for their university years and exams but also for when they start working on their own in the future.
- Funny Doctor TumblerEverybody needs one of those tumblers. They are great for carrying your coffee or another drink without spilling it and making a mess, while also keeping its temperature on desired levels, whether it’s a hot or cold drink. That’s why it will be an amazing gift for any student to carry their morning coffee when going to their university to listen to important lectures. This one is perfect for an optometry student as it has a cute message written on it that reads: ‘’Trust Me, I'm Almost a Doctor’’. It will make them look cool and it will also be very useful for their everyday university life.
Concluding Gifts for Optometry Students
As we conclude our list of gift ideas for optometry students, remember that the best presents are those that acknowledge and support their hard work and dedication. Whether it’s a practical tool for their studies, a fun accessory to lighten their day, or something to help them relax, each gift on this list has been chosen with the unique needs of optometry students in mind. So go ahead and pick a gift that resonates with their journey towards becoming eye care professionals. Your thoughtful gesture is sure to bring a smile to their face and encouragement to their hearts, as they continue to learn and shape the future of eye care. Happy gifting!
Gifts for Drama Students | Gifts for Radiology Students | Gifts for Female Engineering Students | Gifts for Agricultural Students | Gifts for Pharmacy Students | Gifts for Physics Students | Gifts for Vet Students | Gifts for Culinary Students | Gifts for Medical Students | Gifts for Law Students